Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pinterest Challenge - fail

Ok, so it wasn't a "complete" fail but I didn't follow through with all 6 challenges. So yeah, I failed. BUT I have to say that I'm pretty excited about the 4 that I did complete. I'd like to blame it on the fact that I was sick for a whole week, so that put me behind, and the fact that the last 3 weekends have been super busy... but really, there's just no excuse. I mean especially since one of the pins I picked was just to recreate an outfit....lol... which technically I attempted but ended up not wearing it, I'll get to why at the end here.

First, let's re-cap (with link's to my full post of each):

Challenge #1 - make it: a DIY Doily Dream Catcher
This was definitely my favorite, I couldn't be more happy about how it turned out and I love that the doily I used was something my great grandma made decades ago.

Challenge #2 - make it: bow tie back shirt
This was actually kind of hard (since I'm a beginner sewer), but I'm happy that I was able to refashion a dress into a top.

Challenge #3 - drink it: Strawberry Champagne
Strawberries... and Champagne?! enough said.

Challenge #4 - eat it:  Baked Egg Cups
SUPER easy and SUPER delicious! (even though my edges are a little crispy)

Challenge #5 - wear it: beige and black. Just last week I decided to give this outfit a shot but the weather is a little warmer so I decided to try it with a vest instead of a blazer. But then... I felt that it didn't look "work appropriate", therefore I never actually wore it. But I really do like my version so I told my husband he will have to take me out, otherwise I just might have to wait till Fall and pair it with a blazer.

Challenge #6 - make it: diy heart elbow patch... Fail! I realized 2 things when it came to this project:
1. I didn't have a cardigan I was so over, that I wanted to add elbow patches to.
2. I didn't have fabric that wasn't going to fray. yes... I worry about fraying.

The thing I loved about this challenge is it made me realize how EASY it is to make/ complete a project if you really want to. And so I will continue recreating all the cools things I find on Pinterest, maybe every other week though.  I can't wait to see how others did with this challenge.







9 comments:

  1. Oooh, the strawberry champagne sounds perfect - pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what you did was awesome! Love the refashioning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved watching all your challenges come to life!! You have me inspired to pick a few things and get them done =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, the bow tie back is AMAZING. I totally have to try this. You did a fabulous job. Great post, love. If you a get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job! Loved all your projects, and it's fun seeing the original pins and your projects side by side!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! That bow tie back especially is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even if you haven't actually worn the beige + black outfit yet, I think it looks fantastic, and you should when you get the chance. (Also, I just hopped over here from your comment, never been here before, so let me say...ohmygosh your hair! I love your hair! It's gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dreamcatcher turned out fantastic! I might have to try that one myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That champagne looks amazing! Way better than the Pinterest version:) I really like your shirt, too. I'm also a beginner sewer, and I don't think I could take something that that on!

    ReplyDelete