Wednesday, April 17, 2013

green & blue

I don't know why but I always get REALLY nervous about dressing for a wedding. And then I end up wearing black, it's like a no fail color right?! A little black dress, always perfect. But I have at least 6, 7... maybe 8 black dresses, I just don't want to wear black to another wedding anytime soon. Even this past weekend for my MILs wedding, I bought a black dress! But then I saw the cutest green and blue color block dress a few days later, on sale, and crossed my fingers before trying it on that it would look half decent on me.


Needless to say, I was super happy with the fit and the fabric (so soft) and I DID return the black one I had originally bought (although a tiny part of me wishes I had kept it because it was an on-line only dress that was normally $50 and I happen to stumble upon it for $13 on the clearance rack in Target, oh well).
This simple little necklace is at XXI for $4.80, just an FYI.

So, one wedding down, one more to go this weekend. I plan on wearing something I already have, I just hope it doesn't end up being black!

linking up with the pleated poppy and style elixir

3 comments:

  1. I love these two colors together! So chic :) YOu look fab. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I have a black dress that is always my go to for weddings, so yes I need to change it up also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried that dress on at Target and LOVED it, but didn't want to spend the $50...it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete