Monday, April 8, 2013

Random

This past weekend I procrastinated so much in 48 hours than I have in my entire life. My SIL will be moving in with us for a while and I had to clear out the guest room closet. I CAN NOT believe how much stuff fits in a tiny 1.5'x4' closet, seriously! I took everything out of it and just stared at it, and walked back and forth for the next day and a half just wondering where the heck I was going to put everything. Once noon rolled around on Sunday, I divided everything up, clothes (mine of course), craft/sewing items, and odds and ends that can be stored in the garage. I was hoping to end up with a lot of trash or donate but No... I ended up with 2 items to donate and a regular grocery bag of trash. So next week guess what I'll be doing?! Sorting through my clothes, yup, not a fun task but it HAS to be done. I have read some really good tips lately so I'm hoping it will go smoothly.
Um... If you follow me on instagram @ssotelo98... you know I love hat's and I found this one in the closet (haven't seen it since we moved in over a year ago), so that was exciting.

I saw a few bloggers write this "Never have I Ever" post this past weekend and thought it would be fun, even if I did miss the linkup party. It's alright though, I really want to see what other people wrote and so I'll be browsing through all those posts this week. In the meantime, here are just a couple from me.

Never Have I Ever...

...baked anything from scratch. I LOVE to bake cupcakes and pies and just recently (for the first time) cookies. But it usually comes from a box that I just need to add eggs and milk or water to. Having to measure out flour, sugar, baking soda, whatever else... not for me.

...had a professional pedicure. I can't stand the thought of some stranger touching, scrubbing, filing my feet. If you know me, you know that I cringe when I even get a manicure. Yeah, I can do all that myself... thank you.

What is your "Never Have I Ever"? AND... do you have any tips for my clothes situation?
 

linking up with lowercase letters

6 comments:

  1. I'm in the same clothes situation! My closet is a never ending battle! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hat!! And I have the exact same problem. I'd love for you to link up to My Style Monday. http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/2013/04/my-style-monday_8.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling hat =) And clothes sorting?! I always manage to talk myself into keeping everything in my closet..."I know I haven't worn that in the past year...but I will wear it soon, I'm sure!" I have to get better about that!

    Happy Monday =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful hat! :)
    ohh, and I know how does it feel sorting your clothes. Last time, when I had to move.. i threw away so much stuff. I didn't wear them for ages, but still kept them in my closet. That's the problem for me. I always keep everything, even tough I don't know when I'm gonna wear them.. or even if I'm ever gonna wear them. Probably I'm not the only one :) hah. well, good luck though! And don't think much if you really need this or that. If you start thinking, means you don't really need it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in DIRE need of going through my clothes. It's just so time-consuming that I never want to even start! I always end up making more of a mess.

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you go through your clothes actually try on the items see if you have 'outfits' or just pieces. Get rid of anything that you don't like the way it feels and/or is too much work to maintain (wash/iron). Then keep the maybes in a designated spot and recheck if you wear any of the maybes over the next two months, if not, say bye bye!
    xo
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete