Thursday, April 25, 2013

babe's 4th b-day

I love planning parties! And there is no one in the world I love planning for more than my babe... ok, and myself. But this is about babe. It was decided months ago that we would skip a party this year for so many reasons:
1. we already had every weekend in April planned 2. we would rather spend money on something towards the house  (parties can get pricey and I have been waiting for a full length mirror in my room!) 3. I have already started planning his 5th birthday because 5 is a big deal and I'm gonna make it a big deal.

But then this conversation happened the day after his birthday (on a Monday):
babe: mom, am I 4 now?
me: yes, your birthday was yesterday.
babe: (running to the window) is it here?
me: is what here?
babe: my birthday!
me: what are you expecting to be here for your birthday?
babe: presents and cake

and then I started crying.
(btw, I feel like I read a similar post last month sometime. kids are so similar at certain ages)

And so after I hugged, kissed and told him how much I loved him I got on FB and messaged all my family members to see who could come over for dinner "that" Wednesday. Yup, I planned a party in 48 hours.

I kept things as simple as possible:
I used cups, forks, napkins and some heart plates I already had.
In the goodie bags - fruit snacks, ritz crackers, 3 chocolates and 5 hard candies.
I even had the cupcake mix and frosting.
I bought - bubbles, punching balloons and a few plastic Dino's from the dollar tree as decor.
We ate - chicken, rice beans, chips and salsa.

And even though I was stressed to the max (not because of the party but because of everything else going on this month), it was so worth this one perfect moment...
 
 
love you babe!



4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday baby boy!
    lovely photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. Happy birthday to your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet. He is a cutie. My little boy will be 3 in a couple weeks, so I am in party planning mode.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cut boy, happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete