Thursday, February 28, 2013

diy doily dreamcatcher

I have been in love with these doily dream catchers from Roots and Feathers for months now. They are so pretty and so unique, and honestly... I just want them all. I have to admit that as much as I love them, they are a little pricey for me. I actually bookmarked the etsy shop and decided maybe I would splurge for my birthday. But then when my birthday came, the dream catchers were gone! So, what do I do? Make my own.

Supplies needed: 1 super awesome stick (hopefully free from your backyard, like mine!), doily, embroidery thread, strip of fabric, beads, feathers and twine.
Luckily I had everything on hand and just picked up a doily from my mom's house!


1. cut a small strip of fabric and wrap it around the stick. place the doily between the fabric and stitch it closed.

2. to attach the feather tie a knot, using the embroidery thread, around the stem of the feather. slip a bead through the thread and loop it around the bead. attach to the doily.

3. Add twine to hang and tadda...

I love the stick I found and glad I changed my mind about which feather's I used. I love the end result but I bet the Roots and Feathers dream catchers are much better quality.
Pinterest Challenge week 1 - Complete.

3 comments: