Wednesday, May 1, 2013

the story of my life...

Blog every day in May. Day 1, Wednesday: The story of your life in 250 words or less (or one paragraph... no one will be counting your words... probably)

I was born in Ca. in the 80's. When I was 5 we moved to the desert. I pretty much always hated it. The only good thing that came of that was meeting my best friend when I was 11 who lived right around the corner. I never really did anything fun, I was the rule follower, while my brother was the rule breaker. I feel like my life didn't really begin until I graduated from High School. The first thing I did was get as far away from  A.V. as I could. I moved in with my grandma, attended ITT Tech and worked as a bank teller for almost 2 years. 

In April 2000 - 2 weeks after I graduated from ITT  I got a job at a super fancy engineering firm (where I still work to this day. And btw, it wasn't really all that fancy. It was just my first REAL grown-up job). In 2001 - I met my husband. In 2004 - we moved in together. In 2006- we got engaged. In 2007-  we got married. In 2009 - we had a baby. In 2012 - we bought our first house.
Those are the highlights of my life. In between I have had a chance to travel a little, I have had to learn what it takes to be a wife, be a mom and be a provider.  And I still learn new things every day. I hope to continue living and creating a life that I can constantly look back on and smile.


linking up with Jenni

3 comments:

  1. Going to college was an escape for me too! Then I met my husband at the course I did after graduating. Here's to continuing to smile with your husband, child and your career. Love Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your story! i couldn't imagine living in the desert! i would want to get away as well :)

    ReplyDelete