Monday, May 13, 2013

i'm sorry

Blog every day in May. Day 13, Monday: Issue a public apology. This can be as funny or as serious or as creative as you want it to be.

I would like to say "I'm Sorry" to the boy in my 10th grade drafting class. (I don't even know if this counts since he will never read this.) But before I do, let me give you a little background on the particular situation I am apologizing for.
Back when I was a sophomore in H.S. I took a drafting class that mostly consisted of boys. The tables were arranged in squares, so if you can imagine, I am sitting at the bottom right of a square and there is a boy sitting to my right that is facing the right side of my face at all times. This boy would always stare at me, and it made me so uncomfortable that I just pretty much ignored the fact that he was even there. One day we were taking a test and no joke, he did not even pick up his pencil, not once, he was just staring at me. I was so mad and annoyed and frustrated... I looked at him directly in the face and with the meanest voice I screamed, "STOP STARING AT ME!!" The whole class looked up from their test, some people giggled, and he got red in the face. I rolled my eyes at him and went back to my test. He walked out of the class embarrassed.

So why would I want to apologize to a boy who's name I can't for the life of me even remember, why apologize for one (maybe 5) silly seconds of my life that I was in a bad mood or being a B?! because of this boy...

It absolutely hurts my heart to know that possibly, one day, there might be some teenage girl that will make my babe feel like crap. I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone, ever and I hate that I made someone feel so bad that they felt they had to leave the room. I think it's a little too late for my apology but it is the one moment I have ever felt so bad about something I did to someone else.


linking up with Jenni
 
follow along: Bloglovin // Facebook // G+ // RSS // Pinterest
 

1 comment:

  1. This is the sweetest thing ever. It reminds me of a guy I went to middle school with named Elliott. He was so nice, but people, myself included, were not so nice back. And it hurts my heart now to think that I ever joined in on the making fun. Bless his sweet, sweet, heart. I hope he ended up with a nice wife and a nice life. :(

    ReplyDelete