Tuesday, May 7, 2013

refashioned fedora

Before I get to my Fedora post I just wanted to point out one of my flaws... why can't I stick to a challenge?! I failed at my 365 and I already failed at this blog every day in May challenge (I didn't post anything yesterday... gasp!!) I do have good reason though (yes, a reason, not an excuse), I was sick. And actually, now that I think about it, that is an excuse because technically I have been sick since last week. But yesterday I actually left work early and locked myself in my room for a few hours, watching V.P. Diaries and Revenge.

On with my new Fedora. I saw the CUTEST fedora back in Feb. (I only remember it was Feb. because it was around my b-day so I was trying to justify buying it). It was at Claires, I believe, and it was light brown with lace trim. And it cost $17! Needless to say I didn't buy it. A few weeks ago I spotted a fedora at the Dollar Tree... Yes, the Dollar Tree (love that store). It was the same color as the one I saw at Claires but just a little more "floppy", and had a brown ribbon.

I bought it, and I bought a yard of crochet lace trim at JoAnn's for about $2.50 and this is what I got...

For $3.50... Not bad. And with the extra trim I can: use it in my hair as a ribbon or wrap it around a clear glass votive.


3 comments:

  1. Super cute! I have to wear hats to work every day and this could be a great way for me to change things up a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute combination, love the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! I LOVE this simple DIY. You look adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete