Saturday, September 8, 2012

Confession time: I don't know how to Type properly


I type mostly with my right hand only. My left hand (or rather, my pointer finger on my left hand) is the only finger I use for the letters A, S and E, and sometimes D and R. I know, it might seem weird since I work in an office but most of my work can be done using my mouse and the # keys. People don't usually believe me when they ask "why are you typing with one hand?" and my response is "because that's how I type". After a while they are actually amazed that I can type with one hand pretty quickly. Sometimes I wish I would have taken SOME SORT of typing class but honestly back in high school I never really thought I would need to know how type (how crazy is that?!). I think I will start my 2013 New Year resolution list (hey, it's coming up faster than you think) and "Learn how to Type" is at the top.

1 comment:

  1. If I can do it I know you can Sarah. Back in High School (when I wasn't checkin out your father-in-law) I took typing all four years. I could type 60 wpm. Little did I know back in 1980 how important typing would become. We didn't have computers yet.

    ReplyDelete