Friday, July 26, 2013

dirt and rocks

(this happened on Wednesday)

begin...

Today I came from a long stressful day of work. I pulled into the driveway to find that my husband and babe were gone. I thought to myself  "yay, some quite time". I got out of car and felt a gush of 98 degree heat (and no, not the cute Nick Lachey kind... lol... I had to). I walk inside the house and head straight to the bedroom to change only see my bed covered in dirt and rocks! My heart starts pounding and I'm furious that ... a) my husband would leave such a mess for me to see. b) my husband would even let babe near our bed with his shoes on and rocks in his hand. c) that babe would even think, for one second, that it's ok to make such a mess on my bed. I call my husband PISSED about the situation and he says he has no idea what I'm talking about. So I hang up the phone and close the door as I walk out of the room.

The second babe walks in the door I take him to the room and ask what happened. He is clearly guilty and will not look me in the eye or even speak. So I tell him he is not allowed in my room until he says sorry, which he takes as an invitation to whine and attempt a swing at me. I scoop him up and take him to a time out in his room. A few minutes later he says that their is dirt in his bed too and I realize he has dirt in his hair and in his t-shirt pocket, so I put him in the bath.

I continue to do my weekly Wed. cleaning but with hostility in every breath that I take. I ask my husband to pick up some random mess he made and to throw out some papers, and I go clean the bathroom. When I come out of the bathroom he is still in the same spot... and so is the mess I asked him to clean. After babe's bath he is bugging me to give him milk and feed him because he is hungry. I want to scream or tell my husband to do it, but instead I ask babe what he wants to eat and make it for him. I sit him at the table, clean the other bathroom and go to my room... only to be reminded of why I am SO mad in the first place... the rocks and dirt on the bed. So I put on my shoes, walk out of the room and tell my husband "I will be back".

Sometimes I literally want to cry because of my life. It's rare, but it happens. I think to myself.. Why am I the one that has to work ALL day and have to come home to clean. Why am I the one that has to put up with deadline's and annoying co-workers and have to come home to babe's demands and whining. My life is a constant "one thing after another. no time to breathe" ... or cry... which is why I left. I just needed time to catch my breathe and just be by myself. So I went to target (which was surprisingly empty) and tried on clothes I had no intention of buying.

When I went home an hour and a half later, dinner was ready, the dishes were done and my husband was just starting to clean the mess of dirt and rocks.

... end.

Have you ever seen the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond when Debra wants alone time, and Raymond spies on her crying?! It's actually super hilarious, if you have 23 minutes I highly recommend it "here".

2 comments:

  1. At least he got the point and had things done when you got back. Mike used to be so bad at that, after 6 1/2 years of marriage he's finally gotten the point on most things.

    I love that episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, I get it. I do the random cry thing too, sometimes you just need to get all the frustration and emotions out then you are good to go for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, sorry to hear you've been overwhelmed it absolutely happens, to all of us. But, how wonderful that your hubby got the message and took care of things... that is awesome. And that episode sounds like a must watch too - can't wait to check it out!! xo

    ReplyDelete