Saturday, October 20, 2012

Coffee Date Linkup


First off, I want to say thanks if you are joining me for coffee, I love me a cup of coffee in the morning and my husband hates it (sad face) so thanks for stopping by. and if you are just stopping by and wondering what the heck I'm about talking about, I am linking up today with Rags to Stitches. So grab a cup of coffee (or not) and let's chat a little.
I'm new to blogging and therefore have not done a vlog yet, hence why we are having coffee in words. I have to admit that I am loving  all the new blogs I have been coming across and some of the really fun link ups.

This morning I am enjoying a cup of Blonde Starbucks with a sprinkle of Pumpkin Spice in the brew, nice little trick I learned from Kristin. On Thursday I wrote about how sometimes I just don't feel like being a responsible adult and wanted to spend the day doing something FUN. So when I got home that evening from work I played with my son for a whole hour straight (it's sad but that's very rare). We jumped on the bed, had a pillow fight, played hide-n-seek and did that all again 3 more times. I finally said I needed to take a shower and get dinner ready but he still wanted to play. So we went back and forth for about 15 min and I finally said "Babe, please. I just want to take a shower. You are making me sad." I heard a little sniffle and as I turned around to face him, his lips were turned upside down in a frown and his eyes were starting to fill with water and he said "but your making me sad too". Guess who had tears rolling down their cheek 1st... yup, guilty mama here. I held him so tight and said "babe, I don't want you to be sad and I definitely don't want to be the one to make you sad". On a happier note we have a great weekend planned: Pumpkin Patch today and the Zoo tomorrow. Hope you have some fun planned as well.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Blog! I'm a new GFC follower :)
    xo
    www.domesticsweetheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I love your little babe stories!! We don't have any kids yet but we love my niece and nephew just the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was an Aunt to 2 girls and 2 boys before I was a mom and know what you mean about loveing them the same.

      Delete