Wednesday, December 3, 2014

winter mani

When I think of winter I definitely think "white" like snow. But for my nails, I like darker colors. Which is why I like that most of the "it" colors right now are darker toned. I already shared some of my new colors from Butter London in a previous post but Julep has some great nail polish color choices as well... a few of my favorites are Fiore, Beverly, and Chloe

Before the color though, it's important to prep your hands and nails. I like to first use a cuticle remover, let it soak in for a few minutes and then scrub with a nail brush or use a cuticle pusher and wipe off the excess. Next I like to use a hand scrub. I own 2 different ones that are both amazing. If my hands are extra dry I use the Mary Kay Satin hands set, it comes with the best hand softener that really works. For not so dry hands I use Julep glycolic hand scrub. I like that it says "facial for hands". 



After hands are nice and soft, prep nails with a base coat. I think this step is especially important when using darker colors, it definitely helps protect the nail from staining. And then add Color. For my winter manicure I'm using Butter London Royal Navy, Julep Felicity on my ring finger and Essie As Gold As It Gets as a top coat on my pinky and thumb. 


And even though I ALWAYS forget, I added a topcoat so that my manicure lasts a little longer. 
What are some of your favorite colors for winter?

follow along: Bloglovin // Facebook // Feedly // G+ // RSS // Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment